Saturday, October 18, 2008

Soup of the Day

Well it's a bit chilly after sitting at the soccer field to watch my son's soccer game. So I decided to make soup to warm my toes. The other day my sister in-law made Chicken Tortilla Soup from a recipe she found on AllRecipes.com. It was good!! I decided to make it today. Here is the recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-Tortilla-Soup-V/Detail.aspx.
I tweaked the recipe a little bit though. I doubled the recipe, and mixed 1/4 cup flour, cumin and chili powder in a bowl. I cut up the chicken into little chunks and coated it with the flour and then browned it in the pan with the olive oil and onion. Then added the rest of the ingredients. This made the soup a bit thicker and the chicken more tasty and tender!!! I hope you like it!!!

1 comment:

Miss L's Craft Room said...

Thanks Mia...sounds good. I'm definitely going to try it.